If you dream of joining an organization that is small enough to be noticed and big enough to provide a meaningful career, we want to hear about you! The House of Commons Finance Services is currently looking to staff the Corporate Inventory Officer position.
As part of this team, you will be accountable for providing materiel management services, advice and consultative guidance to a client portfolio comprised of Members, House Officers and/or House Administration personnel, for ensuring compliance with House and Member policies, standards and entitlements regarding materiel assets, and for acting as the key resource in planning and coordinating projects that involve client office retrofits, moves and closures. You will also be responsible for conducting asset inventory verification and audits, and for ensuring the accuracy of asset information in House materiel management and financial systems.
Top reasons to join our organization:
• Attractive salaries and benefits
• Work-life balance / Flexible schedules / 35-hour work week
• Resources to promote well-being
• Learning, professional development and advancement opportunities- Downtown Ottawa: a vibrant place to work!
• Cafeterias exclusive to employees
• Gym located on-site
The ideal candidate :
The ideal candidate is committed to providing high-quality proactive client services. He possess strong analytical skills in order to assess the client’s requests, as well as strong organization skills in order to manage high volume of work and constant changes in priorities.
- A post-secondary school degree or diploma in a business or administrative related field OR an acceptable combination of education, training and relevant experience.
- Experience providing exceptional client service and managing a client portfolio;
- Experience providing advice and consultative services to clients;
- Experience in reviewing and analyzing client requisitions, in assessing client needs, and providing options and solutions that meet client requirements while adhering to policy standards and guidelines.
- Experience managing assets over their full life cycle;
- Experience using specialized applications and systems supporting asset management activities;
- Experience in conducting asset inventory audits and making corrections to inventory lists;
- Experience in coordinating or acting as a knowledgeable resource for project teams dealing with office occupancy, retrofitting and closures Competencies
Selected candidates will be evaluated against the Finance Services Competency Profile – Specialized Support.
- The purpose of this recruitment and selection process is to staff the position of Corporate Inventory Officer on a temporary basis of six (6) months and to establish a pool of potential candidates that can be used in the future to staff the Corporate Inventory Officer position on indeterminate or temporary basis. Potential candidates may also be considered for other temporary or indeterminate positions requiring similar competencies at the House of Commons.
- Essential Information
- Selected candidates who do not have valid second language evaluation (SLE) results will be assessed. Bilingual non-imperative appointments could also be considered.
- Please note that only applications submitted through our Career Portal will be accepted. Applications must be submitted no later than 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Daylight Savings Time) on July 7, 2019.
- Please save a copy of the notice of job opportunity as well as all related documents. Once the closing date has passed, these documents will no longer be available.
- If you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact Recruitment and Selection at email@example.com before the closing date and time of the recruitment and selection process. We will respond to enquiries within 24 hours (excluding statutory holidays and weekends).
- The House of Commons is committed to an inclusive workplace that ensures full and equal access to employment, development and advancement opportunities for current and future employees.
- Relocation and travel expenses incurred during the recruitment and selection process are the applicant’s responsibility.
- A variety of assessment tools may be used to assess candidates.
- The masculine form is used in documents for the sole purpose of simplifying them: it is not discriminatory in any way.
Apply Here Corporate Inventory Officer